The Electromechanical Fire Suppression System under the brand name «ACHILLES» is among the Detection & Suppression Systems for class (F) Fires, used in domestic and professional kitchens.
The system is equipped with Automatic & Manual activation mechanism and it is different from the System «MOBIAK DIAS» in the Detection mechanism of Fire. Instead of the Linear Heat Detection Cable, the system uses Thermal-sensitive fusible detectors connected with each other with metal wire. The thermal-sensitive fusible detector detects a potential source of fire in the protected area of the Kitchen & Hood as well as in the ventilation ducts. Available activation temperatures for the thermal-sensitive fusible detectors are 138°C, 180°C and 250°C.
In case of fire, the breaking-melting of any thermal sensitive fusible detector (138°C or 182°C or 250°C), activates the system by electro-mechanical means. The fusible detectors are connected in a row-form through a stainless steel metal wire.
In case of fire, the breaking-melting of any thermo-sensitive fusible detector (138ºC, 182°C or 250ºC), activates the system by electro-mechanical means. The fusible detectors are connected in a row-form through a stainless steel metal wire. The first end of the metal wire is fixed to the exhaust hood while the other end is connected to an electro-mechanical position switch. In normal condition, the metal wire is stretched and it pulls the contact of the position switch.
In case of fire, the fusible of the detector breaks-melts and the metal wire that connects the detectors with the position switch gets loosen. The looseness of the metal wire allows the contact of the position switch to close and so the switch gets activated. Once the position switch gets activated, it transmits a signal to Control Panel of the system that executes constant Visual-Acoustic Alarm through a built-in Siren with Beacon. After the pre-configured Time Delay (can be set from 0-80sec) the Control Panel transmits a Signal to the fuse of the Fire Extinguisher Valve resulting the Activation of the Valve and the flow of the Agent through the Pipe Network to Special Discharge Nozzles.
In Manual Operation, the system can be activated by Electrical Means by a) an Extinguish Button that is built-in to the Control Panel or b) an Electrical Remote Call Point that must be installed near to the Kitchen Exit or by Mechanical Means by a) a Metal Wire Pull-Handle Mechanism that must be also installed near to the Kitchen Exit or b) by pulling the Valve Rod of the Fire Extinguisher Valve. The System can be designed as Total or Local Flooding.
The first end of the metal wire is fixed to the exhaust hood while the other end is connected to an electromechanical position switch. In normal condition, the metal wire is stretched and it pulls the contact of the position switch. In case of fire, the fusible of a detector breaks-melts and the metal wire that connects the detectors with the position switch gets loosen. The position switch gets activated and it activates through the Fire Detection Panel of the System the Fire Extinguisher Valve (through the fuse- detonator) and then the Suppression Agent is distributed through the Pipe Network and the Discharge Nozzles over the Protected Areas.
The manual activation of the system can be done in three (3) different ways (1) Pressing of the special manual system activation button that is built-in into the fire detection panel, (2) Pulling of the remote control mechanical metal wire handle and (3) Pulling of the fire extinguisher valve rod towards the ground-floor.
• CE-EN3 Approved Local Application Fire Extinguishers with Certified Valve of Automatic & Manual Operation
• Vessels with Internal Plastic Coating of 6Lt, 9Lt, 11-16Lt, 17- 20Lt and 21-35Lt Extinguish Agent Capacity
• Stainless Steel Vessels of 10Lt and 11-20Lt Extinguishing Agent Capacity
• Heavy duty Extinguisher brackets
• Certified Detonator used for the Automatic Activation of the System
• Stainless Steel Flexible Hose for connecting the Extinguisher Valve Output to pipe network
• ½” Male Thread Stainless Steel Discharge Nozzles of different Flow Rates with inflammable Silicon Caps
• Thermal-sensitive fusible detectors, 138°C, 182°C, 250°C
• Detector bases
• Stainless Steel metal wire and clutches
• Remote pull-Handle Mechanism
• 90° metal wire guide roller
• 2.2KΩ Resistor for monitoring the proper function of detection line
• Position switch
• Remote control electric extinguish button
• Cancel Button
• 1-Zone Control panel:
– Siren – Beacon
– Button Activation
– Preconfigured (40sec) time delay (can be adjusted 0-80sec)
• Gas / Propane Electro-mechanical switching valve
• Extinguish Cancel button
• Remote control Electric Extinguish Button